25 February 2006

The Grease Trap #1

When wading through the muck that is television, one occasionally stumbles across a worthwhile nugget -- much like a chicken McNugget may occasionally float to the top of a McGrease trap. This week's gleaming gem had to be Downloaded, from of the reimagined series Battlestar Galactica. Coincidentally, (notice I didn't say "ironically") this episode was not viewed via the standard method of "tuning in at 8:00." I will just leave it at that.

I have been looking forward to this ever since I heard that there would be an episode from the Cylon point of view. We finally learn that toasters can be schizophrenic too. The hybrid cylono-human baby was born, and on top of that we got another guest appearance from the Warrior Princess, (lesbians everywhere rejoice!) and the Kevin Spacey look-a-like. Truly, this was one of the series best offerings yet.

For those who have never seen the show, you don't know what you are missing. Star Trek, this is not. And if you do tune in, but feel lost, I will catch you up on all the frakking details. So say we all...

2 comments:

j said...

I think that eating a McNugget out of a McGreaseTrap would be pretty much the most digusting idea I've heard of, if I hadn't seen someone actually drink McGrease from a McGreaseTrap once.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Battlestar Galactica!!!!! It is the best show ever. My husband got me into it. I was hesistant, not being a sci-fi freak like he is, but now I admit, I am hooked.