07 April 2006

Pajama Party - Storm's A Brewin'

May 26th is coming, and the marketing campaign is ramping up. This week some new X-Men footage was shown in TV spots, and now I am passing it on to you. Its still not clear if The Last Stand is really the last X-Men film. Its been tauted that way, but actors are signed on for sequels. I guess it depends on how much money this one makes, and on who survives. But either way, there are plans for Wolverine and Magneto prequels. My gut tells me that there will be a whole new set of movies focusing on the youngins, not that I would be heartbroken if Rogue was MIA. But it could be cool to have Iceman, Colossus, Shadowcat, and Angel take center stage. Throw in Emma Frost and Gambit, Cannonball, or Havok, and you've got yourselves a hit. They could take on Pyro, Scarlet Witch or any number of baddies (they could even bring in Niles to keep Beast company). There are plenty of mutants to go around. I don't mind if some of the originals stick around, but enough Wolverine already! He has a dark past, I GET IT.

But until then, enjoy this ad. X3 don't look half bad.



4 comments:

j said...

The best you could find was someone filming their television? I didn't even see any new scenes that weren't in the trailer I've seen.

Chip Chief said...

yep, that the best i could find because i am a loser. but you also got some of my thoughts on a sequel at no extra cost. and besides it was a slow news week. it was either this or a mention that Fantastic 4 2 (awkward title) may have a flying Fantasticar. So now you got both.

j said...

And I'm glad that I have both now. I never did see the original Fantastic 4 movie. Why not pick a better title like "Fantastic 4 Forever" or "Return of the Fantastic 4?"

Chip Chief said...

Why not the Fanstastic 5, they could ass like a superpowered kid! Actually the Return of the Fantastic 4 aint bad. I just hope they dont go the X2 route with Fantastic 4 United.