05 September 2006

Prime Revealed, More and Better Transformers Pics

Optimus Prime in Full: Optimus Prime has been unvelied. Behold and marvel at Prime's backside and head (in standard and battle mode):





---------

The names of the Autobots and Decepticons appearing in next summer's Transformers movie were released along with a bit of commentary. I thought that would throw in a few pictures of the robots as an added bonus. Click for bigger version. Sadly there is no ghetto-blaster (or iPod) Soundwave, but I admit the "flame" look on Prime looks A-Ok. Enjoy.

Autobots

Optimus Prime - "The king!"









Bumblebee - "He's the same underdog character we always knew and loved." [Note: Except he's a Camaro in the new movie.]





Jazz - "He's eager to take on the Decepticons."



Ratchet - "Ratchet, who was an ambulance in the cartoon, will appear in a new form."



Ironhide - "The muscle. A tough soldier who can make any Transformer bust an o-ring just with his stare!"


Decepticons

Megatron - "He's been portrayed as pure evil but we're trying to get a little bit behind the evil in this movie. ... He has a slightly less idealistic version of what he thinks humanity is worth."





Starscream - "Always secretly plotting to dethrone Megatron..."



Brawl
- "An extremely pissed off Decepticon."

Bonecrusher - "The closest thing to a Constructicon in the film."

Barricade - "The hunter of the group -- a cop car."

Scorpinok - "Closest thing to Beast Wars or Dinobot in the film."



Frenzy - "A smaller form able to infiltrate spaces -- a stealth spy."

Blackout - "The guy who takes out our ability to fight back."

14 comments:

toast said...

Head design looks good. But i don't understand the 'nose' in the picture to the right. The mask opens up?

I still think the these designs are too busy.

Johnny Kool said...

This movie is heading closer and closer to being a visual abortion. *sigh*

Capt. Stoopid said...

I'm getting scared! I thought this was TransFormers: The Movie, not some sort of crappy Power Rangers spin-off. These images look too complex. They always looked somewhat humanoid, with exception to Optimus and all the others with mouth plates. Megatron looks a complete mess, and don't get me started on Optimus. I Think those fan-made video's are better made. Perhaps all those fans should get together and make a proper TransFormers: The Movie.

toast said...

Actually, I think Power Rangers looks quite a bit like the original Trandformers.

These new designs look like... something else.

Chip Chief said...

what, like swiss army knives? =)

RiceMan said...

The eyes... I really dislike them. I can't seem to adjust to those lifeless eyes, they have no personality whatsoever.. Those eyes, mean dead for me. But honestly, the designs are really looking superb. I'm still thinking it's too early... Hopefully i'll get a different reaction when these bad boys are in action.

jepster2006 said...

Megatron is still a spiky dildo. Gosh, man can't hollywood really, "GET IT"?

TheBeastBoy said...

This makes me sick. They are going COMPLETELY away from the character's looks, vechile modes, and over all coolness. I am VERY pissed about Megatron. I mean, so you can't do a gun, then do the GOD DAMN TANK mode of him. Why is this so hard to grasp? And I just go the first look of Starscream, and good lord, can they be MORE off?! I was all happy with Peter Cullen decided to do Prime's voice, or got picked. Yet now, with all these radical changes, I wonder if it even matters now.

I understand some of the minor character changes, like Iron Hide, Jazz, Bumble Bee, etc., but the main three NEED TO BE AS CLOSE TO THE ORIGINALS AS YOU CAN!!! I don't by all this crap about what looked better (pretaining to how they looked transforming), and trying to make it more realistic. You can do that without deviating from the characters looks!!!

The more images I see this, the more pissed I get. If things keep going as they are, I am going to boycott the movie, email and send letters to everyone I can involved in this movie. They are trashing and destroying what we all loved, and still love, from our childhood.

Lastly, I thought they said they cared what the fans think? I guess that was a total f*ing lie!!!

TheBeastBoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
TheBeastBoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
farsh5 said...

michel bay u r a retard!!!!!


soundwave superior michel bal infirior!!!!

wow what an idiot

farsh5 said...

wow even the constrctacons are supirior than him!!!

farsh5 said...

one shall stand one shal fall!!!!!!


in this case m.b shall fall

Anonymous said...

You know I'm skeptical of how this movie is going to be. I can't say its going to suck based just on character designs. Whill I find Megatron hard on the eyes (no remnants of his orginal character), I am impressed with both Optimus and Bumblebee even if the turned him into a camero.

That said I will be in the theatres to watch this much like the rest of you.