05 April 2007

Radar Blips - The Last Starfighter

The Year: 1984

The Players: Um yeah. No one.

The Take: $29 Million

What's a Starfighter?: Starfighter is a fictional video game (Atari was going to make this game for real but ended up releasing it as Star Raiders 2) that the hero played in the movie. When beating the game, he was recruited into an intergalactic army to fly a Gunstar, the ship simulated by the game.

Why you should see it: To justify all those video games you play. Maybe someday you will save the galaxy. Actually, the hero, Alex Rogan, lives in a mobile home park full of hilarious folk including Shotgun Granny. The final battle is pretty unbelievable since it is Alex alone versus an armada... but I guess that's what he trained for. Just don't get in the way of his "Death Blossom."




The Last Starfighter

3 comments:

finky the kid said...

Hell yeah, Chip Chief!

Edwin Rosell said...

Man I love this movie...only later did i realize that the dude who played Alex Rogan also played young Clark in the first Superman movie with Christopher Reeve.
Great blog by the way! I stumbled onto it today...I'm now a subscriber.

Chip Chief said...

Woah! I thought I had seen that kid before, but I just couldn't place him. Thanks for pointing that out.