09 November 2007

And the Losers Are...

I don't know how exactly the process works for selecting the best animated picture, but it seems that of the 12 features submitted for consideration, some of the movies should have just saved their postage and not even have tried. Here is the list:

Alvin and the Chipmunks
Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters
Bee Movie
Beowulf
Meet the Robinsons
Persepolis
Ratatouille
Shrek the Third
The Simpsons Movie
Surf's Up
Tekkonkinkreet
TMNT

I admit I haven't seen some of these, but based on the trailer where Alvin eats Theodore's feces, I can guarantee that Alvin and the Chipmunks (which is really a CG live action blend) is a piece of garbage. I don't really imagine that Aqua Teen Hunger Force is going to go home with an Oscar either. Even TMNT, which I enjoyed, isn't really a best picture.

Frankly I would be surprised if Ratatouille didn't win, but maybe some of these other choices, like Persepolis deserve a nomination. I just can't belive anyone really thinks Alvin deserves any form of non-joke award.

3 comments:

j said...

I haven't seen a lot of these movies (still need to see the Rat), but I was pleasantly surprised with both Meet the Robinsons and Surf's Up, but that may just be because I went in with low expectations.

Chip Chief said...

well, i agree that at least with those movies, i can believe someone could prefer them to some of the others on the list. even alvins director has to think it sucks.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that Tekkonkinkreet and Persepolis are on that list. Tekkonkinkreet is probably on the best anime films I've ever seen, but I haven't seen Persepolis, but already know it's great from the looks of it. CC, if you haven't watched Tekkonkinkreet already, you need to.