09 April 2008

Cars 2 Announced - Is Pixar Selling Out?


So, we all know that Pixar avoids sequels unless they can come up with a great story. Hence, of all their mega successful movie, only Toy Story has gotten a follow up... that is until now. In 2012 we will be getting Cars 2. Now don't get me wrong, I quite liked Cars. I would rank it 3rd or 4th of the Pixar films (behind Ratatouille and The Incredibles, and perhaps Toy Story). Having said that, I am not sure what great story needs to be told about the Car folk. But I do know that Cars merchandise has been gigantic. Surely that has to have factored into the decision to green light this sequel. Maybe I am just bitter, but why not give is what we want - Incredibles 2.


1 comment:

Kurtis said...

Cars is and always has been John Lasseter's baby. I'm sure that has something to do with it.