22 April 2008

Chips and Dips

At the behest of The Krausologer I am going to show my top nine predictions along side those of the gurus at Entertainment Weekly. Not that they are anything special, but just to see how my predictions fare against those of the professionals. We did pick the same top 9 films, and if I had picked a 10th I may have picked any of 5 movies, so I am just gonna compare the top 9 (hey my game, my rules).

At the end of the summer we will calculate the winner with one point being awarded to the closer predictor of each film earnings and a bonus point being awarded for each correct ranking. I feel pretty confident. I mean, no way Iron Man tops Batman, also what up with the tenth of a million precision?

Feel free to take a side!

ServeWithChips Predicts:
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $305 Million
2. The Dark Knight - $260 Million
3. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $255 Million
4. Hancock - $240 Million
5. Wall*E - $230 Million
6. Iron Man - $210 Million
7. Kung Fu Panda - $170 Million
8. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - $137 Million
9. The Incredible Hulk - $133 Million


EW Predicts:
1. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - $355.9 Million
2. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - $310.8 Million
3. Hancock - $280.4 Million
4. Wall*E - $280.3 Million
5. Iron Man - $262.7 Million
6. The Dark Knight - $255 Million
7. Kung Fu Panda - $224.6Million
8. The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - $176.5 Million
9. The Incredible Hulk - $147.2 Million

2 comments:

finky the kid said...

I hope Hancock fails (though I'm sure it'll score big with the general viewing audience chuckleheads) because I don't like what I've seen so far and I certainly don't need a sequel.

Chip Chief said...

i agree that a hancock 2 would most likely be unnecessary (not that we were clamoring for hancock 1). fortunately, will smith hasnt done too many sequels aside from bad boys and *shutter* men in black.

also, the "tragic hero" may get a bit stale and thats one of the reasons i wish superman returns hadnt been so emo.

on the other hand, i would rather them create a new black superhero than try and interest people in a steel or luke cage solo film.