26 June 2008

The Babylonian Captivity - Signs and Portents (1x13)

This was the big pivotal episode I had been waiting for. The one that got things moving. Well, maybe it was, but I will have to stick around for the fallout. I assume this new weird character has something to do with the upcoming "shadow war." There was basically a lot of really bad CG space battles and lots of talk of the destruction of Babylon 5. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the episode, but I am still not immersed in the series yet. If anything, this episode gave me a huge appreciation for the level of effects rendered for Battlestar Galactica. Never does that show look fake. Obviously, effects in general are better nowadays, but it is amazing that B5 was acceptable even compared to DS9, Next Generation, or frankly, even the original Trek.

4/5

No comments: