23 July 2008

Radar Blips - The Brothers Grimm


The Year: 2005

The Players: Jason Bourne and The Joker. Directed by Terry Gilliam.

The Take: $38 Million

Is This a Biography? No. The Grimm Brothers were real people who wrote many of the best known fairy tales like Snow White and Cinderella. In this fictional version, these brothers begin as con men / witch hunters, and then stumble upon a real enchanted forest which becomes the inspiration for their stories.

Why you should see it: One of the best Bilbo Baggins inspired lines I have heard regarding this movie is that it is twice as good as people say and half as good as we were hoping for. Though it does drag at points there are some awesome and fantastically gruesome visuals including a spider horse eating a little girl and a mud monster / gingerbread man stealing a little girls face.






4 comments:

j said...

I think this was the very first movie I Redbox'ed, and I have to say I thought it was pretty unwatchable, despite a strong cast (Damon and Ledger? How did they screw this up?).

Chip Chief said...

hey at least you didn't spend too much to watch it. did you fall asleep (your trademark)? or were you just bored?

VaultDweller13 said...

I saw the mud man part on the Sci-Fi channel one night and thought it was another crappy made for tv movie before I remembered it had a theatrical release.

j said...

Just bored.