04 September 2008

Radar Blips - Batman Forever

The Year: 1995

The Players: Madmartigan as Batman, Ace Ventura, Tommy Lee Jones, The Moulin Rouge Whore, and Chris O'Donnell as the Boy Wonder

The Take: $184 Million

What in the world does "Forever" mean? There was a heavily trimmed subplot involving Bruce Wayne's need to be Batman. He finally realizes that he cannot quite being Batman, he needs to be Batman... Forever.

Why you should see it: Whenever I watch this one, I start to think Batman Returns isn't so bad... until I watch it and realized that it sucks too. I admit, I am a sucker for Batman and superhero films in general, even bad ones. So, what does this do right? Val Kilmer is actually a pretty decent Wayne and Batman. His Wayne is better than Keatons, though his Batman isnt quite as good. The Robin origin is done quite well, though its downhill from there. Tommy Lee Jones makes Aaron Eckharts performance as Two-Face even more impressive. Jim Carrey's Nygma is good as a Bruce Wayne mirror, but his full on Riddler is too much like his other zany characters that its distracting, as are his skin tight unitards. I really don't know what to say, this movie is pretty bad. I guess, just see it to complete your Batman experience.

1 comment:

finky the kid said...

Oh man, Chief! This one makes me throw up a little in my mouth!